- Penal Code 299.5 (1998; amended by AB 109 and AB 117, 2011)
- Health & Safety Code 121060 (1995; amended by AB 169, 2009)
- Health & Safety Code 120130(a) (1995; amended by AB 2658, 2008)
- Harbors and Navigation Code 1176(e) (2008; amended by SB 300, 2009)
- Penal Code 290.06 (2006; amended by SB 325, 2009)
Penal Code 7572 (added by SB 910, 1993)
The chief of medical services of the Department of Corrections, or his or her designee, shall use every available means to ascertain the existence of, and to immediately investigate all reported or suspected cases of, tuberculosis in the infectious stages and to ascertain the source or sources of the infections. In carrying out these investigations, the chief of medical services, or his or her designee, is hereby invested with full powers of inspection, examination, and quarantine or isolation of all inmates or wards known to be, or reasonably suspected to be, infected with tuberculosis in an infectious stage.