- Harbors and Navigation Code 1176(e) (2008; amended by SB 300, 2009)
- Civil Code 56.10(c) (2000; amended by AB 952, 2009)
- Revenue and Taxation Code 30461.6(j) (1993, amended by A.B. 359, 2009)
- Insurance Code 10123.135(g) (1999; amended by SB 662, 2001)
- Health & Safety Code 1262.8(f) (added by AB 1203, 2008)
Health and Safety Code 1797.98e(b)-(c) (1987; amended by A.B. 2702, 2008)
Providers of health services that receive payment under the Maddy Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Fund program must keep records of the services they rendered, the patient, the date, and any additional information required by the administering agency for a period of three years from the date the of service. The administering agency must not require any additional information from a physician providing emergency medical services that is not found in the patient record. During normal working hours, the administering agency may make any inspection and examination of a hospital's or physician and surgeon's books and records needed to carry out payment from the Emergency Medical Services Fund.